Wednesday, October 26, 2011

well hello there!

It's been quite sometime since my last blog.

I had a little spare time and I thought I would catch everyone up (I say everyone like tons of people read this) on what I have been up to.

Since my last blog I have..

Left for the summer to work in the small town of Lagarto, Texas at the best camp ever, Camp Zephyr.


I had a wonderful time working in the middle of God's beautiful nature with awesome people that I had/now consider my family.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't always very happy to wake up at 7:00, serve mash potatoes to loud teenagers or work under the scorching sun. Although, I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to bring glory to God through serving there.
It was a tiring, beautiful, amazing, summer and I am so fortunate!


I am also very fortunate to still be dating this wonderful man. He is honestly a physical embodiment of the Lord's blessings in my life. I have only met a few people, apart from my family, that treat me with honesty, love, and respect all the time. He is one of the reasons I try to be better. Is that cliche? Yeah sure. Call me corny, but I really would go to the moon and back for this guy. :)


I turned 21! Totally monumental age, I bet you are thinking I did something awesome? It was definitely my kinda awesome. I had a birthday celebration underneath our lovely pergola with my family, a shopping day with my honey, and a movie/munchie night with my best friend. Lots of fun with the people I love <3
BTW, I received my first pair of real cowgirl boots for my birthday from Nathan. Told you he is great.


I have also been blessed to find a job working at a local yogurt joint that just opened up near my university.. Cherry Blossom Yogurt the yogurt there is awesome ya'll and I am not just saying that! Stop by and visit me sometime :)

I also returned to UTPA to continue my English degree. I can almost see graduation in the distance. I am scheduled to graduate December 2012. However, I have been having some apprehension about the minor I complete. I have even been thinking about double majoring. If I make changes that could delay my graduation. So say a prayer if you can that I be given guidance from the Lord on how to decide on my degree.

I will do my best to write as often as I can!

Love from little Edinburg,
Lauren

 

No comments:

Post a Comment